Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

Playing with Patchwork


I've been having a go at some patchwork lately.
Not proper or precise, just piecing together some fabric
in a haphazard way and seeing what develops!

I got inspired to do this originally when I saw
this pin on Pintrest
Freehand machine embroidery
It is from a site called Just Bunting
and has been freehand machine embroidered.
How cute, a little sewing machine made from fabric pieces!

I made one of my own so it could become one
of the pieces in my patchwork.


I rubber stamped a mannequin image onto some linen
and added some fabric for another piece.


I had a go at some cotton reels based on this image
also found on Pintrest

Make do and mend - framed freestyle machine embroidery picture
 This is from Jo Melrose Designs.

I didn't like how my version turned out originally,
but decided it was OK in the end.

So, having assembled and stitched together my
pieces I had two rectangles of fabric



I decided to make them into a little bag
and found a great tutorial for making an

I also found this YouTube video, which although
I didn't follow, found it contained some useful info.

Here's some pictures of the finished pouch
 




I was really pleased with how it turned out
and decided to give it as birthday gift to a
blogging friend.

I made a card to go with it - I just love those
little fabric sewing machines!!

 
I liked the pouch so much - and chuffed with myself
at having inserted a half decent zip so decided to make
one for myself ..... I'll show that in another blog post.

Thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

Алексровер Анна said...

Oh, Sherry, what a beauty! How many wonderful creations you have made! Love the patchwork style! Love, love your creations!!!!

Jester said...

Oh wow! I just love your patchwork and the finished pouch. You are quite right to feel chuffed - it looks amazing! Jx

JansArtyJunk said...

Wowser!! LOVE your patchwork !!! and the card is gorgeous...Your Lucky friend who gets to receive these beauties..I'm sure she will love them!! x