Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Let's Get Arty - with Lily in the Garden!



There's a new challenge blog which I heard about on Jan's blog
which looked interesting so I thought I'd join in with.

You can find all the details at

This is a 'Colour Swatch Challenge' and
the first thing to do was choose one of my photos
- here's Lily in the garden taken last year.

The colour swatches on the right have been generated
by a website called 'Chip It' 
and has turned my photo into a palette - how cool!

The challenge is to create a project using
at least 4 of the colours from the swatches.

I printed off the swatches and found some sari ribbon
which seemed to fit the bill.


(I only ended up using two of them though - along with some
other bits and pieces for the other colours).

A paper doll came to mind, I haven't made one for a while.


Using old packaging, I cut the body shape using
the above Sizzix die.


I rubber stamped one of the lovely faces from Clare Lloyd's
new set as show above - and glued it onto the die cut head.


I dressed the body with strips of the sari ribbon.

I gave her some hair using embroidery thread.

 


Did you notice her jewellery - a necklace and
matching bracelet of Rose Quartz.

So what colours did I use?
As close as I could get them anyway -
Nankeen - for the dress
Honorable Blue - also for the dress
Reverie Pink - the jewellery and legs
 (although you can't see the colour in the photos)
Tricorn Black & Porpoise - for the hair.

What a fun challenge!
Thanks for looking :)


11 comments:

Алексровер Анна said...

Sherry! What a pretty girl! So Stylish dress and beautiful jewellery ! Made with great taste!!!

Deb said...

Your girl is fabulous. I love her jewels and the hair looks wonderful. So creative. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

Deborah said...

What a great idea chipit is (I think I have something similar in Craft Artist)and I'd never seen the doll die before - wow! Love how you combined it with the Clare Lloyd stamp.

Lily is gorgeous btw.

Meggymay said...

You have made a gorgeous art doll, she is a beauty.
Yvonne xx

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh Sherry..Thank you so much for joining in with our new Arty Challenge...and I just adore your latest doll! Love how you have dressed her in sari ribbons and mini jewellery!! So cool!.. BTW the doll die is new to me! Thanks again for playing along with us at Let's Get Arty x

Clare Lloyd said...

fab idea, ace art doll. x

OriBella said...

Lovely doll, beautiful dresses and jewelry :) Wonderful and creative model:) Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

Unknown said...

I've never seen this doll die before, wow, what fun! You have created a lovely lady here Sherry, she's wearing such a pretty dress and her jewellery is just amazing! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Jester said...

Oh wow! I really liked seeing how your girl took shape. She looks fabulous!
Thanks for the tip about the colour palette website. I am going to have to pay it a visit ... Jx

mandysea said...

This looks superb!! What a wonderful fabric dress! Love what you have done with your swatch colours. Thanks for playing with us at Let's Get Arty!

Ludkasz said...

Fantastic idea:)Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.