Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

School Holiday Fun - More Post-It-Note Books


Earlier this week my niece and nephew came
to play in my craft room - yay!!!

Whenever I can't think of what craft to actually do,
the Big Shot embossing machine usually comes
to the rescue.

So we made Post-It-Note covers - based on 
Tim Holtz 'painted industrial' technique as
described in the post below.

Chloe's book is on the left - and instead of using
paint to colour her cover, she used alcohol inks.
She decided to tie some gold coloured fibres around it too.

Aaron used black paint on his and added a couple of
little bulldog clips.

Didn't they do well!
Here they are with their finished items.


I only finished my one today, and I used 
alcohol inks too


It was looking quite opulent and exotic so I
added some self adhesive rhinestones and a tassle.


Now I had better get my thinking cap on
for when they next visit .....
watch this space!

Thanks for looking :)

11 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow Sherry,I want these!!! They are all stunning,brilliant creations,what a great idea. The creative streak must run through the family then :)

By the way,what embossing folder was used for your nieces gold one,love the design on that one!

Have a great weekend

Hugs
Donna xx

Mrs A. said...

Didn't you all do well. they are all gorgeous. hugs mrs A.

Meggymay said...

Love the vibrant colours an your book. Chloe and Aaron#s books are fantastic, they are so talented.
Yvonne x

Алексровер Анна said...

Sherry, you had a creative team to make wonderful books! Your new creation is so summery and bright! Looks great!!!

Margik said...

Those books are gorgeous. I love the fabulous textures. Just great!
Mar x

Deborah said...

You taught them well - they are worthy of any adult crafter. Love your pink one - makes me think of saris. Can't remember if you have a gelli plate but I bet they'd love that.

JansArtyJunk said...

Didn't the young'uns do a fabulous job with the painted industrial technique...then again they did have a talented teacher Sherry;)...Love all 3 books...and I love the embossing folder your niece chose to use on her cover...Jan x

Unknown said...

What a creative family you are Sherry! Love your fabulous looking notebooks, and your niece and nephew must have had so much fun playing with you! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Createology said...

You are the very bestest Auntie to share your love of crafting with your niece and nephew. Their covers are stunning. I love practical gifts and this really fits. Yours is Bright and Beautiful. Creative Bliss...

Healing Woman said...

How sweet of you to share your craftiness with Chloe and Aaron. The books came out great and I love the embossing. Very, very professional looking.

Jester said...

Wow, three stunning books. I love the different colours and backgrounds. What a talented family you are!