Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

DominoART Challenge No. 10 - Any Game Goes Using Stencils

The current challenge on the 
blog is to take any game piece
and alter it using any kind of stencil.

I decided to use a large jigsaw piece
and this is what I did with it.


Randomly covered with various tissue tapes.
(The girl is one I painted a little while ago,
details are on my blog post here.)

Coloured with Distress Ink.

 Used sequin waste as a stencil.

 Gave the girl some clothes by using 
Distress Ink and an old stencil to make the neckline detail.

Darkened around the edges with more Distress Ink.

Stuck the girl on with Liquitex Matte Medium.

Decorated a smaller puzzle piece in the same way
and added some printed words -
a quote I found on line.

Finally, some wire and pretty beads to make the hanger.

 
 I've been meaning to do something for this challenge
for a little while and have only just managed to make it in time -
better late than never!

Thanks for looking :)
 

14 comments:

valscraftings said...

Love your Jigsaw piece...wonderful project!

Annette G said...

Love your altered jigsaw piece Sherry, beautifully made, Annette x

Unknown said...

That is one fine supercool and totally artistic piece of art Sherry, it's so striking! Hope you had a fabulous Easter? Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Deborah said...

This takes me back to all the MAMMA groups on flickr, Sherry. A long time ago now. It's fabulous - especially your hand drawn girl.

Алексровер Анна said...

Happy Easter, Sherry! So wonderful work in your own style!!! Love it!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic alteration to the puzzle piece, it looks fantastic.
Yvonne x

JansArtyJunk said...

What fab altered puzzle pieces Sherry...loving the tissue tape background and your cute lil gal :) Jan x

Createology said...

Sherry I adore your puzzle art and the quote is perfect. There is nothing simple about life. Love your beautiful work. Creative Bliss...

Renee Stien said...

This is really great Sherry!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Ooooooo I love it! Fabulous use of the jigsaw piece and use of the punchinella, awesome to have you come and play with us at DominoART :0) May is my 15 Days of Terror, we like to celebrate Half-O-Ween aka Halloween half way through the year like Christmas in July, can I twist your arm to join the fun? Deets will be up today at DominoARTblog.blogspot.com :0)

Mrs A. said...

She is beautiful Sherry. I wanted to get some big jigsaw pieces a while back but the charity shop only had normal size which I ended up buying and then spending a week doing the retched thing in order to just use one corner of it!! Love the addition of the smaller piece hanging off the bottom and that quote is perfect.
Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

She is beautiful Sherry. I wanted to get some big jigsaw pieces a while back but the charity shop only had normal size which I ended up buying and then spending a week doing the retched thing in order to just use one corner of it!! Love the addition of the smaller piece hanging off the bottom and that quote is perfect.
Hugs Mrs A.

Candy C said...

Love your domino art piece! How original is this?!? I also wanted to thank you for your very sweet comment about my CC3C triptych. I hope you'll find the time to play along. <3 Candy

Jester said...

This is so creative and looks stunning. I love the smaller jigsaw piece hanging of the larger one.