Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Desert Island Discs - Circle Journal


I'm taking part in a circle journal with the theme
'Desert Island Discs'.
There are ten participants and we each had
to choose ten songs which mean something to us
or ones we just like - my choices are a mixture of both:


Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty
We Are Young by FUN
Take This Waltz by Leonard Cohen
Lady Solitude by Richard Hawley
Non Je Ne Regrette Rien by Edith Piaf
Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
I know Him So Well by Elaine Paige and Barbara Dixon
Bat Out Of Hell by Meat Loaf
The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush
True Love Ways by Buddy Holly
 
I decided to make my journal fabric and above is the
page I chose for my own journal -
Buddy Holly's 'True Love Ways'


The image is from Google, an album cover 
showing the name of the song.
I transferred it to the fabric following
The rest of the page is painted, stamped and stitched.

A twist to this is that as the CJ passes around the circle
 on the way back to its owner,
 future participants may add to or enhance your entry in some way 
if they wish, as well as working on their own. 


This Circle Journal is being run from the
Collabor-ART blog group.

11 comments:

Lins Artyblobs said...

Your journal is looking good, excellent transfer. Thanks for the link to the transfer technique, that is one I haven't tried. I've been using a t-shirt transfer today but it is very plasticky.

Createology said...

You really do the most interesting swap/art collaborations. Your songs are quite the mixture. Lovely fabric transfer and just the perfect beginning to your journal. Joyful Journey SSD...

JansArtyJunk said...

What a wonderful collaboration..your fabric journal page is looking great...I love experimenting with fabric transfers...thanks for the link..x

Terry said...

Beautiful job on this circle journal! Very clever, but you always are! I will have to go look at the tutorial link! Thank you for sharing!

Deborah said...

Can't wait to see what you do with Take This Waltz - it's one of my favourite songs!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful page. I loved your choice of songs, a few are favourites of mine as well.
Yvonne

Jenny said...

Beautiful Sherry... your page is awesome... love the album cover image... sounds like a wonderful swap...

Jenny ♥

Cindy Is Crafty said...

It is awesome, Sherry! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

I just had to sing along Sherry, good choice of music! Love your fabric, that's a superb creation! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Jester said...

I love how you have transferred the image to the fabric. it looks so good, Sherry. It sounds a great project.
Fab songs!

Connie said...

Hello Sherry, I love your sardine cans . . . I'm going to have to get my Steve to crack open a can or two, so that I can give this a try, LOL. I found you at Jackie's Jester Crafts . . . and I have become your newest follower. Please accept my invitation to share the love and follow me back. I love making new crafting friends and blogging sisters.
Connie :)