Pages

Saturday 25 August 2012

Cards and Beads


It's been so long since I last blogged, I'd forgotten my password!
Luckily I had made a note of it, so all's well!

What have I missed - probably loads, will I ever catch up?
Probably not, but I hope this finds you all well and happy anyway.

Last week I dragged my sister along to a local 
jewellery making class where we made the above
beaded flower and hung it on a chain.
I found it really quite difficult at first and was so glad
Kelly was with me as her eyes are younger and healthier than mine
and she was happy to thread the needle for me when required!
She picked the technique up a lot quicker than me too, so when 
the tutor was busy she could explain what to do! 

We're going back next week and hopefully will come
away with a bracelet each - I don't think there's any
stitching involved so may do a bit better.

I wanted to have a go at home and made a card
with a fabric flower and the centre piece was going to 
be a beaded flower


.... only trouble was I'd forgotten how to do it!
Notepad and pen next time I think - lol.

Finally, a couple of birthday cards I made yesterday.


The backing papers are by Laura Ashley
and the one on right is a velvet flock effect.
The dress forms are from Tim Holtz/Alterations
Sewing Room Bigz Sizzix die cut.
I roughly stippled gold paint through sequin waste
on each form.

Our two lovely kittens are getting bigger
and more mischievious by the day.
I've learned to put all ornaments out of reach
(lost two already!!)
and anything dangly needs to be removed, such
as towels or curtain pulls.
We keep most of the internal doors shut now which I don't
like as it cuts out the light, but needs must.
I've also got a fair few scratches on my arms and legs -
can't belive how sharp their little claws are!
We get a 4am wake up call by Leo licking around our faces
- he especially loves John's ears and nose!
Leo is a lot more docile than Lily - and Lily is in charge -
she calls to Leo and he obediently trots along
after her - LOL.


This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago
and they're a bit bigger now.

Thanks for looking - I promise I'll come
and check out your blogs soon too x

13 comments:

Deborah said...

Good to see you back, Sherry. I love those dressform cards and as for those kittens....awwww.

Gini said...

So Glad you're OK and still being crafty Sherry :-)
Aaw your kittens look adorable!
Gini
xx

Jen xo said...

so nice to see you back sherry,the cards are adorable and i got a giggle when you were going to put flower on but had forgotten how to do it...sort of thng i'd do....love your lil kitkats too...

Lesley said...

Hi Sherry, I was wondering where you were but summer is like that. The kittens are so cute and getting bigger too from the last photo. I love beadwork but don't have the patience for finicky stuff. I want things yesterday. LOL
Lovely work and those cards are beautiful.
Take care, Lesley♥♥♥

Jenny said...

Welcome back Sherry... Leo and Lily are just adorable... love your beaded flower necklace... such a pretty color too... your cards are gorgeous... and I love the lace and gold paint on the dress forms....

Hugs
Jenny x

Unknown said...

hello stranger...you have been missed and its so good to see you back in blogland...just love your flower necklace thats a bit too clever for me..like you i struggle to thread a needle....love your cards to very shabby chic gorgeous,,,adore the kittens so pretty..you just wanna cuddle them all day...love sassyxxx

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Love the beaded necklace, such a pretty colour! Cute Kittens - just adorable :)

xx

Unknown said...

It's so good to have you back again Sherry and with such fine creations, too! Love your pearl flower and your dress form cards are fab! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh so Good to see you back in Blogland Sherry... Awwww...How cute are Leo and Lily!!...lovely beaded flower necklace, those classes sound like fun... and your dressform cards are simply gorgeous... love the lace and buttons!! Jan x

Luna Art said...

Good to see you back! The beaded necklace is lovely and just love your cards. Leo and Lily are very sweet x

PetraB said...

Welcome back! Wonderful projects and such cute kittens ...

Healing Woman said...

Those flower pins are beautiful. Amazing for a first class. The kittens are so sweet..have fun!

Mrs A. said...

Your back!Love that pendant necklace. Tried a bit of beading myself but its not for me. Kitties look adorable. Hugs Mrs A.