Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

I've Made A Boob!

Well to be precise, I've made 16 boobs in total
because once I started I couldn't stop!


Why you may ask? 

There's a lovely lady from Norway called
Nina Lise or to use her blog name

She has another blog dedicated to her project about breast cancer
whereby she invites us simply to

The aim is to make 1000 boobs by the end of May.



Plain boobs will be used in workshops and decorated
 by people with breast cancer.


Decorated ones will be used as inspiration at workshops and stitched into Make a Boob quilt(s) which will eventually be donated. 

All the details are on the
 blog together with specific and easy to follow
instructions on how to make them. 



I really enjoyed making these and decided to stick to
a (patriotic!) red white and blue colour scheme. 
All the blue fabric is cut from a pair of my old jeans
(old, but washed and ironed of course!)

For the two above I stamped images (of the house and dress form)
onto the fabric using Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Creative Layers Foam Stamps.  I cut the images out and machine stitched them onto
the background circle of fabric.



For these two, I cut the denim fabric using Tim Holtz
Alterations dies (Tattered Florals and Caged Bird).
The red fabric was quite flimsy and moved around while I was
sewing it, so the circles are a little mis-shapen
(well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

If you fancy making a few yourself,
hop over to the Make a Boob blog
 really all you need is a CD (to cut around)
some fabric and wadding
  all the instructions can be found

It's fun, addictive and for a great cause too!



Thanks for looking!


13 comments:

Terry said...

Love your boobs! Now you had to know someone was going to say that! Happy Day!

Angela said...

Great Boobs, Sherry! Awesome cause, too. Breast cancer has affected my family closely..mom and sister. I will definitely jump over to Mrs. Moen's blog! Thanks for sharing Sherry.
Angela

Mrs A. said...

Thanks for showing your Boobs Sherry. Fancy flaunting your boobs in public!! They look good and its all in a good cause.
Hugs Mrs A.

Jan said...

First we see your photo and now you're showing us your boobs! Great job and for a great cause. Well done xx

PetraB said...

Fantastic boobs, love the designs. This is a great cause and shouts for participation!

Meggymay said...

Great idea for such a worthy cause.
Love how you decorated them. xx

My name is Cindy said...

LOL I see what you mean about the comments Sherry. Brilliant cause, well done you (and your boobs of course)

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what a great project! so you did mean those boobs, i was wondering if it meant something else!

oneoff said...

What a fantastic job you've made of those boobs! Great cause, great colour scheme and fab makes.

Bx

Minxy said...

Cor what a lovely set of boobs you have.... made lol
and a great cause too :D

Gini said...

I always guessed you had patriotic boobs ;-)
(Mine of course are shiny)
They are possibly too big to dangle from your rear view mirror in your car though (oh how I wish)
Even so I think yours, being so pretty, would dangle splendidly.
I can't decide which is my favourite one either.
An excellent good cause Sherry!
Gini
xx

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, what lovely boobs you have! What a great idea!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Loving your patriotic boobies!
All your designs are fab Sherry.
Love 'em all, but the dress form one is my fave.
...and such a great cause.
Well done you!

Jan x