Pages

Tuesday 21 September 2010

September Birthday Cards


There are two more special birthdays this month in my family.  This first card is for my niece Chloe who will be 10.  She already has a few of my paper dolls and I know she'll like another (cos she told me so!).  The doll looks like a princess to me, so that's fitting as Chloe is my little princess - although she's not really into the whole princess thing any longer - she's getting all grown up now, doesn't time fly! 
Here's a close up of the doll, which I've attached to the card with the brads holding the legs on - so it can be easily detached for 'playing' with - or should that be for inspecting the hair and make up!

The next card is for my sister-in-law Mary who will be celebrating her 70th birthday next weekend.

 
I've had these handbag shaped cards for several years and only remembered them when I received a more elaborate one for my birthday from Cindy - hers opened up in a fancy fold type affair.  This one is plainer in the inside and all that opens is the little flap to reveal the message inside.

I covered the front of the card and flap with K & Co scrapbook paper and embellished it with some lace, ribbon, flowers and sparkly number 70 (chipboard numbers covered with some glittery bits).  A ribbon handle and a couple of beads finished it off.

Now I've got the birthday cards out of the way (LOL - they really shouldn't be a chore should they!) I can concentrate on the little matter of altering 25 (yes, twenty five) matchboxes and making a little gift to put in each one for the Countdown to Christmas Matchbox swap -

I could be gone for some time - LOL

8 comments:

Terry said...

Both are gorgeous! That little purse is extremely beautiful! Both will be treasured!

Jan said...

Oh my goodness Sherry.... everyone loves your beautiful dolls and Chloe is going to adore this. What a fantastic card for a little girl. Love the handbag card too... something to keep and treasure.
As for the 25 matchboxes.... are you MAD lol?!!

Mrs A. said...

These are both gorgeous. Can I be ten again please!!!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, the dolly is lovely! That card is great! They will be thrilled!

Healing Woman said...

What wonderful gifts! I especially love the paper doll card. Wouldn't any girl love to receive a treasure like that?

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous cards, the dolls are fabulous as usual, the folk you receive these will love them

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, two beautiful cards!
....especially love your doll one!
Good luck with your matchboxes!!

Jan x

Gini said...

Both are fabulous, especially Rebecca in her floaty dress.
She looks like a Rebecca to me although she might be a wild gypsy lady from the 1800's called Kizzy and tonight Matthew she will be twirling and whirling round a camp fire with her dress glinting golden fire :-)
Gini
xx