Here's the tablecloth I started with, bought from a charity shop. It is a beautiful white linen with machine embroidered flowers all over.
I remembered seeing a video tutorial for a little rag bag and once I'd tracked it down again I decided to make one with the tablecloth. It is a fantastic video from Chic 'n Scratch, so easy to follow and it's here.
Who'd have thought you could make a quilted patchwork bag using your Big Shot!
I didn't have the exact die used in the video, but adapted the scallop tag one I had. After cutting out all the embroidered pieces from the tablecloth there wasn't enough fabric to complete the bag so I used some pink gingham.
After cutting the pieces out with the big shot I made 19 little fabric sandwiches (with some felt in the middle), and stitched them together as instructed in the video. So quick and easy to make, the longest part is cutting out all the squares.
If I'd planned it better the embroidered squares wouldn't have been upside down! Oh well, I think it still looks fine.
As it is a raggedy bag (by design, not accident - lol), the pieces were sewn wrong sides together so all the seams are on the outside. This means that the inside is all neat and tidy!
As I'm not an experienced sewer by any means I am so pleased with how this bag has turned out.
Thanks Nina Lise (Mrs Moen) for a lovely challenge.