Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Dress Up - March

I've created my dress for this month for the Dress Up 2010 challenge.  To see more dresses created by other players, and Margaret's own beautiful one, go to her blog and check out Mr Linky. 

I started off with a white card dress template then sponged two colours all over.  I found some co-ordinating coloured tissue paper which I stuck onto the card using Liquitex Matte Medium.  (All of the original paint is now totally covered up!).  I overlaid some of the blue over the pink tissue at the neckline to make a sort of collar, but it is a bit random really.  I folded over some blue tissue to make the braces and rubber stamped some stitches onto them.  I also rubber stamped a swirly image over the top of the dress.  That's about it really, a bit of a plain one this month.


I'm off to check out Mr Linky now so I can oooh and aaaah over all the other dresses and get some inspiration for next month's dress.

18 comments:

My Creative House said...

Oh Sherry what a beautiful dress, love the colors and stamps you used, your goddess art doll is fantastic.

Jan said...

These are SO sweet Sherry. Just up your street eh? lol!!! You'll have a whole wardrobe of pretty clothes for your lovely little dolls soon!

Margaret said...

Superb dress Sherry!! I love the colours so much!!! the tissue paper skirt is inspired, wonderful texture!! Margaret

BadPenny said...

Thanks for your comment - that was a really nice thing to say.
This is fab - reminds me of the Caribbean school uniforms with the little braces. I love the colours & how you used tissue paper too xx

~*~Patty S said...

Your dress is so sweet and original!
Love it!
oxo

Bel said...

Thank you Sherry for your kind words of support about my Chloe dog. It means a lot to know people care. Take care Sherry.
Belinda
ps love all your arty works lately just gorgeous

Hels Sheridan said...

Cute dress :O)) Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x

Gez Butterworth said...

OOOOOH Sherry another masterpiece. Your March dress looks fabulous. The dresses are going to make up a stunning collection at the end of the year. Well Done..xx

Cindy Is Crafty said...

What a great dress, Sherry! I love it. The colors are great!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Awww such a sweet dress, love the braces!!

Unknown said...

This is lovely Sherry, just had a wizz around your blog what wonderful creations you have.

Thank you for the comments on my blog, I dont know which tag you got ?? I did draw some of them, but i dont know which one you received, havent had mine yet, things take a lot longer where i live lol. I will blog them all now if most people have received them. Thanks so much

nancy said...

So beautiful, Sherry, and what a wonderful challenge Margaret has. These are going to be amazing.

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Wonderful! I just love this.

Gini said...

What a pretty dress Sherry! I love your inventive use of her braces and stamps.

It'll not look plain (your words not mine!)when put with the other two dresses. I thought my January dress was a bit plain too but I was looking at my three dresses together yesterday and somehow by putting them altogether they each make the others look MORE. I don't know how else to say it, sorry!

Gini
xx

scrapdemon said...

Very pretty dresses and what a lovely idea!

Electra said...

I don't think this is plain at all, I think it's sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love the sweet little jumper and top, beautiful colors two! Christen

Jen xo said...

i think the tissue paper looks wonderful, loverly dress Sherry....