Pages

Wednesday 7 October 2009

Altered Jigsaw Piece


This puzzle piece is from a children's puzzle and measures just under 4" x 4".

The base was painted off white then rubber stamped with a 'Stamper Anonymous' stamp from the Tim Holtz collection called 'pattern pieces' which is one of my current favourites.  The smaller puzzle piece was stamped with a PaperArtsy mini stamp (MN20).





I then attached some vintage paper pattern pieces over the top with melted beeswax and coloured the edges with some dark brown and black melted wax crayons.

The holes to hold the embellishments and ribbon hanger were Crop-o-diled.


The torso / mannequin was moulded with air dried clay and covered with some more of the vintage paper pattern.


I think I may need to stock up on the beeswax now as I'd forgotton how enjoyable it is to work with - lol.

9 comments:

Anneke said...

what a wonderful things i see here
i saw your name on the blog from jan.
she was with me in the netherlands.
anyway , i like your work very much

Viv said...

Flippin eck!!! Turn me back for 5 mins away on me hols and you have erupted into creativity!!! LOL
Adore Miss Halloween - she is real cool- think the pumpkins are brilliant!! Domino Suzie is fab... if Wendy don't want her, send her to me.......
Oh and Masquerade is awesome!
And as for the jiggy bit..... words fail me...(Know you find that difficult to believe!!! LOL) going for a lie down so I can wallow in my jealousy at all these gorgeous things you've made! LOL

Pattie said...

Amazing !Another stunning jigsaw piece,me thinks your on a roll lol,I just love this !

Unknown said...

This is amazing ... I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous and i love your beeswax work. Gorgeous and so unusual. I love working with beeswax too
Hugs June xxx

Margarita Korioth said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad I came to visit yours it is like candy for the eyes!

Kim Newberg Imagesbykim said...

Hi Sherry,

Sheesh I stopped in for a second and I have been here twice today.
I love your work and attention to detail on this jigsaw piece and of course all of your other creations too! Thanks for the lovely comments about the romance swap and PDA!

((((hugs))))
kim

nancy said...

I'm speechless! This is enchanting. Your work is exquisite.

Unknown said...

love this too a jiggysaw fabby and so clever hugs sassyxxx