Pages

Thursday 25 June 2009

Chloe's Old Shoes




Another Ballerina

My eight year old niece Chloe, had worn out her favourite shoes - her toes were almost popping out the front of them! She is a typical girly girl and loves everything pink and glittery.

Well, just as they were headed for the dustbin I saved them!! I couldn't see all that lovely sparkly pink material go to waste now could I (I suppose I'm a bit of girly 'girl' myself.

In next to no time at all another little ballerina doll was born. Her tights are from the lining of the shoes, and her bodice the outer fabric - it looks lovely and shimmering in the light! The ballerina's shoes are two of the gemstones from the original shoes too.

I wonder if Chloe will recognise the fabrics when I give her the doll this weekend?

An ATC

The above ATC is my entry for the current theme on MAMMA. The current theme is 'The Jumble Sale' and is detailed here by Nancy who is currently looking after the group and came up with the great, challenging theme.
The background to my ATC is created by layering random pieces of masking tape then painting over the top with a few different colours of acrylic, then wiping off part of it before dry. This is a technique described by Claudine Hellmuth in one of her wonderful books.
The fabric part of my ATC is actually a piece of the inner lining from Chloe's old shoes (it was underneath the pink satiny fabric). It was a fine mesh (as Hardy once said to Laurel!!) and ideal for applying an image transfer onto (with Golden's Regular Gel (Matte) medium. The other required elements - triangle are the lace, and metal, the key.

Finally, my thoughts are with our dearest Margaret (MAMMA)at this very sad time as her beloved husband Ernie passed away earlier this week. I wish you all the love and strength to get through this terrible time Margaret xxxx

2 comments:

Jon Wallace said...

That is great work. I wish i was lucky enough for my parents to save my stuff... Instead i made super hero capes and masks out of my old shirts. I love how u utilized the shoe. Ur works amazing

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.