Pages

Saturday 14 February 2009

Lucky Charm Swap




I recently joined a new site called Paper Digital Art and Images by Kim just because there was a charm swap going on and this is something I've been wanting to have a go at for some time now.

The idea is to create 10 charms and receive 10 back. The charms can be made of any material, to any theme, colour and size - so there was a lot of scope there!

I used some Mah Jongg tiles for my charms as I recently bought a box in a charity shop for 50p - bargain! Seeing as I was using these tiles I decided to go with an oriental theme so used two different backgrounds and a few different Geisha images. Once the holes were drilled in the tiles (thanks to my OH!) I adhered the images (inkjet) with Mod Podge and lightly sanded and inked around all sides. Once thoroughly dry, I coated them with some Anita's 3-D Clear Gloss Finish and finished them off with some wire, various beads and jump rings.

How charming they all look together - lol! Can't wait to get all the various charms back (they should all be posted by 1st March, so not too long to wait) and I'll post a picture of them when I get them - and once I've decided what to do with them all!

5 comments:

Genie said...

Lovely Charms Sherry,

My name is Cindy said...

Wonderful collection Sherry.

John Dyhouse said...

Lovely charms Sherry, just want to know why I can never find great bargains in these shops. Am I just too late?

Viv said...

These are all gorgeous Sherry (but you already know that!!)...I need to visit a few charity shops I think....

Unknown said...

hello sherry...just having a browse...and all these are fantastic...might follow you if thats ok with you hugs sassy xx