Pages

Friday 2 January 2009

UK Art Raffle - January 09


This month's theme for the UK Art Raffle is 'Shiny' and Sarah who runs this raffle said this theme is 'inspired by everything new and glossy and sparkly, in honour of the brand new year'. She also said that we can interpret the theme in any way so although it's about everything new, I've actually gone back in time and used an image of a vintage poster for shoe polish! What could be more shiny than freshly polished shoes? With the image I've made a little wall hanging measuring approx 4" wide by 6 1/2" long. To make it shine I've used some clear UTEE. It's funny how this technique is often called 'triple embossing' whereas in reality we use more like eight layers of embossing - so what would that be called 'octagonal embossing' - lol! Anyway, it gives a wonderful glass like shine. To finish the little hanging I've attached a couple of shoe charms at the bottom and used a co-ordinating ribbon with the little girl's dress in the poster.

.... and don't forget, you've got to be in it, to win it!

.... and now I can't get Take That's song 'Let It Shine' out of my mind - lol!!!

2 comments:

Dee said...

This is lovely. Must get on with mine! Dee xx

My name is Cindy said...

Oh it5's lovely and looks SHINY too!! Like Dee must get on with mine.

By the way just been looking over my CRAKS again - that Cinderella one is really cool!! Thanks again.

Cindy