Pages

Friday 9 January 2009

Hearts and Flowers


Margaret has created another spin off Flickr site called LOL MAMMA Valentine Swap (LOL for 'Lots of Love') She has provided a link for a heart template to download and decorate. All of the hearts entered will be swapped by random generator on 5 February.

For my heart I printed off the template onto card then covered it with 'Plaster Cloth' This is quite messy to use and takes a while to dry but you can create a lot of texture with it and it's fun too. Once it had finally dried, I painted over the whole lot with some acrylic paint in two shades of pink. I wrapped some small pearl beads around the heart then embellished it further with some paper flowers, more pearls and some little gems. I attached a ribbon hanger and suspended two little pink hearts from the centre which are hanging on a jump ring covered with more of the ribbon.

Whilst making this I was reminded of a little pink plaque I bought from Ebay a while ago which says "What makes you think I like pink" - very apt for this I think!!!

3 comments:

Viv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Viv said...

You've done a great job with this Sherry....

Jan said...

This is so pretty, delicate (and -yes - PINK lol!!)
I haven't even started on mine - can't get my head around it yet.