Pages

Saturday 22 November 2008

Jigsaw Piece for Sheila


Sheila's theme was 'Homespun/Country/Rustic/Shabby - in creams, faded blues and greens, sepia etc' As this theme was similiar to the one I chose (although mine was Christmassy), I think that's why I enjoyed doing this one so much.

I had some lovely faded blue coloured paper which rather than just sticking onto the piece, I applied like an image transfer using some gesso, and it worked well making it look a little more faded. The images of the little girls, the flowers and the round buttons were all cut from some fabric and applied to the piece using bondaweb -I wasn't sure whether this was going to work or not, but they seemed to be stuck fast and Sheila hasn't told me that they've fallen off (yet!!!). The star button near the girls' feet is another from 'Button-It' this time coloured with some watered down acrylic paint. The little hanging heart at the bottom I cut from some co-ordinating fabric but used the wrong side as the right side as it had a faded look. It was stuffed with some wadding and hand stitched (stitched very roughly on purpose of course to fit the theme!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: