Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2008

More birthday gifts - how lucky was I!


I received two more beautiful gifts one from Maureen which arrived just before I went away and the other from Cindy which was waiting for me when I returned.

Maureen's gift is a 'Wild Women' pin brooch which is simply delightful and I believe made from wool topps hand embellished onto felt and decorated with stitching, beads and charms. It has so much detail and even the fingernails have been painted - I love it! Maureen is so talented as making things like this, I wouldn't have a clue where to start first.

Cindy's gift is a concertina friendship book which has crackle glazed covers, loads of beautiful collaged vintage images and rubber stamping. The photo above only shows part of the book as it is double sided - the colours are absolutely glorious too and this is now amongst my treasured things.

Thank you both, dear cyber friends xx

No comments: